Sunday, February 18, 2007

The Truth About Nutrition (Video)

For a while now I have been wanting to get my brother to help me produce a short 5 minute video on the "Truth about Nutrition". I wanted to have it quickly bundle relevant facts and my own opinions as to where and why we are so far off track at this point. When you think about it, with our massive scientific knowledge base it is frightening how far we have drifted from truth, and what is most interesting is to discover why. It would include themes of paleo diet, evolutionary discordance, grains, diabetes, pharma, national science flaws, etc. This page has some interesting concepts around how we got to where we are and I would like to sketch that out (my own opinion) as well: http://www.biblelife.org/history.htm

I wanted the video to follow a slide show format with very quick flows from shot to shot with a strong narrative in the background. Some elements of the story especially around the whole cholesterol causing heart disease hypothesis may have hints of the conspiracy that it truly is. Other parts I will seek to zero in on some root cause analysis (shift to an agricultural society, industrialization of food supplies, etc.). My reference look and feel would ideally end up something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a15KgyXBX24

Stay tuned. I am working on a prototype of the script, images, and flow in Powerpoint at the moment, but as soon as I have something up on YouTube I will post it here.

No comments: